Angels Hope have seen to many lives lost through this epidemic ,its costs everyone personally or financially ,to have to Bury your child because of something preventable is absolutely shameful in particular when changes can be made to laws that are very much out of date with society
Dear readers, it is important that this is signed by Qld Australia Residents only.
The petition of the undersigned citizens of Queensland draws the attention of the House to the fact that:
• Continuous Bullying now takes many forms.
• Laws are inadequate and do not reflect developments in technology and social networking.
• Suicide is the leading cause of death in young people in Australia.
• The Criminal Code Act 1899 section 359 and Education Act 2006 require amendment to include Continuous bullying, and cyber-bullying to make these punishable acts.
• Bullying is reported to cost the economy $36 billion per year.
Your Petitioners therefore request that the House:
• Acknowledge laws are insufficient to protect physical and mental safety.
• Acknowledge the deaths of Jessica tolhurst  Charlotte Dawson and numerous others and the public campaigns that ensued calling for bullying-specific laws.
• Acknowledge many recent cases of suicide purportedly induced by bullying.
• Recognise 1 in 4 Australian children report being bullied, but many instances go unreported, with research revealing perceived lack of adult interest as the reason.
• Acknowledge data indicating an increase of 657% in youth self harm and suicide.
• Amend the Criminal Code Act 1899 section 359 to include:
o Continuous bullying as a criminal offence;
o Continuous cyber-bullying as a criminal offence;
o Continuous bullying or cyber-bullying resulting in psychological harm as a criminal offence; and
o inciting suicide and self harm by bullying, cyber-bullying or stalking.
• Amend the Education Act 2006 include Continuous bullying as a form of unacceptable behaviour punishable in accordance with the The Criminal Code Act 1899 section 359