Chile: No more violence against LGBT+ people!
Chile is going through a wave of hate crimes against LGBT+ people.
Over the last few months, the number of hate crimes against LGBT+ people in Chile has been on the rise. To name just a few:
- A couple suffered a lesbophobic attack in which one of them was stabbed to death.
- Two gay men, who were LGBT+ activists, were beaten to death in their apartment in Santiago, the Chilean capital.
- In another part of Santiago, a young gay man was left with his face disfigured after a homophobic attack.
- A gay couple was insulted and assaulted by security guards at a supermarket in Quilpué, a small city in Chile.
- A viral video showed a young man being tortured, beaten, and marked with homophobic hate slogans.
- An online video game is inciting players to kill actress Daniela Vega, who is trans.
And the list keeps going.The Chilean government just act now to stop anti-LGBT+ hate crimes.
President Sebastian Piñera must put urgency to the reform of the Anti-Discrimination Law, and secure the necessary resources and infrastructure for its implementation. Additionally, the Undersecretary of Human Rights and the Undersecretary of Crime Prevention should urgently present a comprehensive plan to address violence against LGBT+ people in Chile. Sign the petition and tell the Government of Chile: no more violence against LGBT+ people!
firma la peticiónfirma la petición
To the President of Chile, Sebastián Piñera: we ask that you please give urgency to the reform of the Anti-Discrimination Law, guaranteeing the necessary resources and infrastructure for its effective implementation.
To the Undersecretary of Crime Prevention of Chile, Katherine Martorell Awad, and the Undersecretary of Human Rights, Lorena Recabarren: we ask that you urgently present a comprehensive plan to address violence against LGBT+ people in Chile.