SWAMPSCOTT RESIDENT SIGNATURES ONLY PLEASE (18+)!
As a group of local residents, we appreciate all the hard work done by the School Building Committee to narrow the options down - we know it wasn't easy! Of those put forth, a DISTRICT-WIDE grades 3-5 school at the Hadley site is the one that should advance to the next stage because it's the solution that best fits our idyllic seaside community.
We believe a new district wide school, serving all students in grades 3-5, will ensure Swampscott students, families, and all residents, the most equitable, brightest future.
- Equitable learning environment for all.
- Fifth grade moves out of Swampscott Middle School
- 3-5 grade level consolidation, in alignment with the Superintendent's educational vision.
- The proposed number of students is in line with the scale of Swampscott's geographic and population size.
- Hadley, with its central location, affords walkability for the largest number of students.
- Downtown businesses will benefit from increased foot traffic for at least the next 50 years.
- In this difficult economy, the Hadley plan offers a median expense as compared to other more expensive options.
- Plan offers potential for a cafeteria and outdoor space overlooking Linscott Park with water views, enhancing our town connectivity and open space gatherings.