Petition to Rename Calvin Coolidge Senior High School Track Field in Honor of Coach Adrian E. Dixon
Coolidge Track Coach Adrian E. Davis has been many things to many people during his over 35 years at Coolidge High. In addition of being an outstanding coach, he and his teams have received many awards and accolades:assinar petiçãoassinar petição
• Served four years as coach of the Washington DC Youth Games team and as coach of the University of the District of Columbia track team.
• Was assistant coach to USA National Junior Track and Field team where the world championship was held in Sudbury England in 1988.
• Was the assistant coach for the USA Track Team at a dual meet with England in London in 1990
• Coached Sheila Ingram, USA Women Olympic Team in 1976–American record holder for the 400 meters and silver medalist on the 1600-meter relay team.
• Coached Tomi Rucker, the first female to receive All-America certificates in one National Championship in NCAA Track and Field. Tomi was also an inductee into the NCAA Women’s Track and Field Hall of Fame.
• Coach Dixon was named Coach of the Year by the Washington Post in 1998
• Inducted into the DC Coaches Association Hall of Fame in 2005
• Received the Athletic Pioneer Award presented by the Black Women in Sports Foundation.
• Awarded the Pigskin Club Award for outstanding accomplishments, and the National Coach of the Year Award in 2006.
• Started the Coolidge Relays renamed the “Adrian and Alice Relays”in honor of him and his wife.
It is because of these achievements and others too numerous to mention that:
WE, THE SIGNATORIES OF THIS PETITION SUPPORT THE NAMING OF THE CALVIN COOLIDGE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL TRACK FIELD IN HONOR OF FORMER COOLIDGE HIGH SCHOOL COACH, ADRIAN E. DIXON.