Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are in the middle of the transition to power. They're planning right now for the critical first 100 days in office, when most presidents typically get the most done.
We've outlined how the Biden-Harris administration could work to undo the damage of harmful Trump policies, modernize the Title X program for affordable reproductive health care, and expand access and coverage for care.
Now, before they take office on Day 1, they're determining what their priorities will be. Make sure your voice is part of the conversation — co-sign the letter now.
Dear President-elect Biden,
I'm asking you to make reproductive health care a top priority in your administration.
When you enter office, these are a few of the most important ways you can help make reproductive freedom a reality for everyone:
1. Issue an executive order to make immediate changes, including by ending the global gag rule and unnecessary restrictions on medication abortion.
2. Issue a budget proposal that ends the Hyde and Helms Amendments.
3. Work with Congress to pass a COVID-19 relief package
that prioritizes the needs of women and families, and protects safety net providers like Planned Parenthood health centers.
4. Appoint sexual and reproductive health champions
to the federal agencies, including the U.S. Agency for International Development, and the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services — and to federal judgeships.
5. Stop states from cutting Planned Parenthood out of state Medicaid programs.