As the pandemic continues to ravage our state, Arizona healthcare workers continue to go in to work and put themselves and their families at risk every single day.
We can protect our healthcare heroes during this crisis with the Essential Healthcare Workers Bill of Rights (HB 2842). This legislation would protect and compensate healthcare workers for being in the frontlines by providing:
Add your name to support our healthcare heroes.
- Hazard pay for healthcare workers performing COVID-19 essential functions,
- Personal Protective Equipment at no cost to essential healthcare workers,
- COVID-Related Sick Leave (three weeks paid) for any healthcare worker who is unable to work because of a COVID-19 diagnosis,
- Accommodations for Quarantine for healthcare workers who come into direct contact with COVID-19 patients provided at little to no cost,
- Whistleblower Protections to protect against retaliation by an employer that puts patients, employees, or the public at risk.