Now more than ever we need to protect Arizonans, especially those with pre-existing conditions, from the possibility of losing healthcare coverage.
Arizonans won important health protections and lifesaving health coverage when the Affordable Care Act (ACA) was passed, but those protections could be taken away by federal changes or challenges to the law.
The Arizona Healthcare Bill of Rights (HB 2739) would protect the health of Arizonans, no matter what happens at the federal level, by requiring healthcare insurers that offer individual plans, short-term limited duration insurance, or small employer group plans to comply with basic rules including:
Add your name to ensure quality healthcare for all Arizonans.
- no denials for pre-existing conditions,
- no charging higher premiums based on health status,
- coverage for essential health benefits,
- limited "out-of-pocket" payments for medical services that your insurance does not cover,
- no lifetime or annual limits on benefits.