Fireworks explode between 180 – 190 dB (decibels) during these fireworks displays. Humans and animals are not supposed to be exposed to anything higher than 80 – 85 dB to be safe. Anything louder than 105 dB permanently damages hearing from only one hour of this loud and unnecessary noise.
Fireworks contain a number of toxic metals and/or elements that stay airborne for hours until finally settling into our natural resources of soil, gardens, lakes, and public water supply. These toxic elements include the following: Lead, Barium (radioactive material), Lithium, Rubidium, Strontium, Copper Compounds, Aluminum, Ammonium Perchlorate, Cadmium, Potassium Nitrate, and Sulfer Dioxide. These toxic elements are used in fireworks for people to view the different colors of fireworks that explode in the night sky.
Accidents involving fireworks caused up to 9,600 emergency room-related injuries in 2004 according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Fireworks lead to severe burns, scars, and disfigurement. Fireworks not only pollute everyone’s environment they also cause distress for neighbors, fireworks displays loud noise causes Wildlife to be forced from their habitat into traffic creating problems for the Wildlife and drivers of vehicles travelling local highways. During fireworks displays in many cities Dogs will jump their fence in their yard because of their fear of the extremely loud explosions. Some of the frightened Dogs are retrieved by Animal Control the next day unfortunately after being hit by an automobile. Some are fortunately rescued by Animal Control frightened by the fireworks the night before and returned to their animal companion friends. And other Dogs are never found, all because of fireworks loud noise!