How would you feel if you told the estate agent you wanted to move house, then being told you have no say in choosing the new house?
That's exactly what the government have done to us over Brexit.
Brexit was a chance to renew our democracy, but the government have done the opposite. Instead of starting a national conversation about what kind of country we want to be, it has used every trick in the book to freeze out us and MPs to avoid scrutiny of its plans
The Brexit process has been appallingly run. Parliament, the devolved nations and regions and the public have all been deliberately excluded from deciding what our future should look like. This is unacceptable and undemocratic.
It's hardly surprising then that no one is happy with the deal on the table.
Government ministers have excluded the rest of us from the Brexit process by:
Sign the petition now if you think what the public want is more important than what Jacob Rees Mogg and the European Research Group think.
- Trying to use ancient 'royal prerogative' powers to trigger Article 50 without approval from MPs. They had to be dragged to the courts to force them to respect Parliamentary sovereignty.
- Refusing to involve parliament in the negotiation process and withholding critical documents from parliament.
- Lying to select committees.
- Refusing to appear in front of parliament to be held to account.
- Restricting time for debate and scrutiny on critical Brexit legislation.
Unlock Democracy will let you know our plan to take back control of the Brexit process.