Dear Member of Congress,
I am writing to ask you to prioritize the health and safety of our state and communities by including urgent funding for hospitals and health systems in the upcoming COVID recovery bill.
The frontline men and women of America's hospitals and health systems have cared for millions of Americans – and the pandemic isn't over yet. January saw the highest average number of hospitalized coronavirus patients since the start of the pandemic.
The cost to hospitals and health systems is enormous: from supplies to keep patients and health care workers safe, to ICU care, to staff relief for employees working relentlessly.
As a member of the Coalition to Protect America's Health Care, the strain on hospitals, health systems, and the resulting impact on patient care is extremely concerning to me. We cannot effectively fight the pandemic without sufficient resources and vital funding.
To ensure doctors, nurses, and hospital employees can continue caring for our communities and help vaccinate America, I urge you to include the following in the next COVID relief package:
- Additional funding for hospitals and health systems to care for COVID-19 patients
- Funding to support vaccine outreach, planning, administration and distribution efforts
- Financial support for front line workers, including child care, transportation, and educational benefits
- Forgiveness of Medicare accelerated payments
- An increase in health insurance coverage
- Prevent scheduled Medicare cuts
Hospitals, health systems, and health care heroes have been on the front lines of the pandemic from the very start.
They deserve our complete support as they continue to bravely fight this unprecedented health crisis. Please protect patient care and include vital funding for hospitals and health systems in the upcoming legislation.