Stop Inhumane Breeding in Australia - Dogs Deserve Better!
Right now, dogs and puppies are trapped in horrifying conditions. Treated as commodities, they are denied the love and care they deserve.
Sign PetitionSign Petition
Many poor dogs used for breeding live a life of confinement in rusted cages filled with faeces and maggots. With no access to veterinary care, they endure chronic ailments and painfully matted fur. They are denied fresh air, sunlight, the freedom to feel grass under their feet and the human contact they so desperately yearn for.
It doesn't have to be this way. Animal Welfare League NSW has the solution to stop this cruelty with a unique Breeder's Licensing Scheme, which includes introducing a license to breed, inspecting individuals and properties via Animal Welfare Inspectors, monitoring animal welfare standards through annual unannounced inspections, and more (see below).
Animal Welfare League is taking this proposal to the Government. Pledge to support legislating the Breeder's License Scheme. Because dogs deserve better.
This Breeder's Licensing Scheme is quite different to anything else that has been implemented anywhere in Australia. It's a simple and effective 6 point plan:
- Introduce a license to breed
- Inspect individuals and properties via Animal Welfare Inspectors
- Monitor animal welfare standards through annual unannounced inspections
- Sustain the scheme through a user-pays system, funded by breeders themselves
- Enforce quotation of a license number when advertising, transferring or selling pets
- Empower you to check where your puppy has come from through online register