Common Ground Equals Common Sense on Jobs, Better Homes & Safer Communities.
The Common Ground Platform is an action plan for reducing emissions and putting millions of Americans back to work with respectable wages, all while making our communities safer and more healthy. At a time of intense political division, the urgency of the climate crisis has brought both liberal and conservative organizations together to build consensus on this platform for immediate action. We have the solutions, now we need Congress to act!
These are FIVE common ground solutions that Congress can enact right now to get Americans back to work and on a path toward a better future for all:
- Save Money on Energy: Weatherize and solarize homes, schools, and businesses.
- Clean The Air: Deploy zero-emission school and transit buses, electrify ports, and add EV charging stations at public and non-profit gathering places.
- Cool Off: Plant trees and conserve forests.
- Expand Public Transit: Invest in more convenient and frequent service to increase low-emission transportation choices and better access to jobs and services.
- Support sustainable and regenerative agriculture: Reward farmers for long-term emissions reductions and sustainable farming practices.
These common sense solutions are supported by liberals and conservatives alike to help build healthier communities, green jobs, safer homes, and a clean energy future for all.
Add your name to support this movement to build bipartisan action for Common Ground on Climate!