Trump's nominee for the Supreme Court, Judge Brett Kavanaugh, holds extreme views that don't represent the majority of people in this country. He would also certainly advance Trump and Pence's agenda of punishment and shame
on abortion, immigration, and workers' rights. Here's what we know about Judge Kavanaugh:
Now is the time for everyone to speak out and show up. It will take every one of us — advocates, organizers, service providers, artists, clinics, abortion funds, and more, to fight for the future our communities need to thrive.
- Trump said his short list of potential nominees would only include people who would gut Roe v. Wade;
- He ruled in favor of the Trump Administration's attempts to block Jane Doe, a young immigrant woman, from getting an abortion;
- He has voted to allow a boss' religious beliefs to override an individual's right to insurance coverage of birth control;
- He argued in favor of a claim that the Affordable Care Act is unconstitutional; and
- In employment discrimination cases, he has sided against employees and in favor of companies time and time again.
Please reject the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh for Supreme Court Justice.
President Trump has repeatedly promised to appoint only Justices who will take away our right to legal abortion by overturning Roe v. Wade.
We don't have to question where Kavanaugh stands. Last year he blocked a young immigrant woman from accessing an abortion, forcing her to delay care for weeks.
Further, Kavanaugh has also been hostile to the Affordable Care Act, has consistantly sided against employees and in favor of companies in employment discrimination cases, and has voted to allow a boss' religious beliefs to override an individual's right to insurance coverage for birth control.
Each of us should have the chance to live safe, healthy lives and to be free to determine our own life path — including what our family looks like. When we can make our own decisions about pregnancy and parenting, women and families are healthier, and communities thrive.
Please vote no on Kavanaugh.