This Bear Ate So Much Human Garbage, It Literally Had to Be Euthanized

  • by: Care2 Team
  • recipient: Telluride Mayor Pro Tempore Meehan Fee and the Telluride City Council
A beautiful black bear in Telluride, Colorado had to be euthanized after experiencing painful symptoms. Locals spotted the bear and alerted authorities, and by the time they arrived, the bear was acting erratically and was clearly very sick.

The bear was in so much pain that it was unable to move, had puffy eyes, and had discharge coming from its eyes and mouth. After it was euthanized, a necropsy showed the cause of this innocent animal's distress.

This poor animal's intestines were literally plugged with human garbage.

Sign now to demand the Telluride City Council provide all residents with actual bear-safe trash cans and dumpsters!

The necropsy was horrifying: the bear's intestines were completely blocked with human food and trash, such as french fries, food wrappers, wipes, and paper towels.

Humans have already impeded on bear habitat enough. Our sprawling infrastructure has meant that we've encroached on the areas where bears live and eat. Now, it is our responsibility to keep them safe from the dangers of human trash.

Under current law, residents with unsecured trash and dumpsters are fined. But clearly this is not enough because it is not sufficiently protecting the local bear population. The city of Telluride must support residents and set aside a portion of the town's budget to provide them with fully bear-safe trash cans! Sign the petition now if you agree!
Ký thỉnh nguyện thư
Ký thỉnh nguyện thư
You have JavaScript disabled. Without it, our site might not function properly.

Privacy Policy

By signing, you accept Care2's Terms of Service.
You can unsub at any time here.

Having problems signing this? Let us know.