Instead of relying on product quality, usefulness and customer service, many businesses have been increasing their use of deceptive marketing and consumer practices to increase their profit. By exposing the use of such practices and raising public awareness of them, we as consumers, employees, and investors may influence companies to meet a higher standard of conduct that places our needs and interests first. Vote YES to innovation and excellence in products and service and NO to deceptive business practices.
The signers of this petition endorse doing business first and foremost with those companies that comply with the following standards.THE COMPANY PROACTIVELY OPERATES TO IDENTIFY, PREVENT, AND STOP
THE COMPANY AVOIDS USING
- Fraudulent Activities including any deliberate public misrepresentations of fact.
- Purposeful Negligence that knowingly allows flawed or tainted products to be sold.
- Baseless Claims in its marketing messages including any statements that are factually unverified, clearly misleading, or designed to be falsely misconstrued.
- "Gotcha" Practices including hidden automatic purchase approvals and surprise charges, or policies that make it difficult or impossible to obtain refunds, terminate orders, or correct wrongful charges, etc.
- Deception by intentionally designing products, packaging or labeling to disguise a reduction in quality and/or quantity.
- Misdirection by employing "bait-and-switch" sales tactics, offers that will not be fulfilled, fine print that contradicts the main marketing message, use of needlessly confusing billing statements, etc.
- Manipulation to obtain a sale that clearly is not needed nor wanted, through the use of pressure sales tactics including wrongful threat of termination or other consequences, wrongful promises or benefits, or selling benefits to which the person is already entitled or can freely obtain on their own.
Please leave your comments so your voice can be heard. No individual letters or emails will be sent. But when the petition is closed, it will be posted on the putMEinCONTROL.org
Web site and printed with your name, state, and comments only into an PDF file for delivery to major corporations, selected media outlets, relevant government agencies, public advocacy organizations, and business watchdog groups. Let's clean up the petty deception and trickery and get back to the innovation and excellence in products and service this country was known for.
Thanks, The pMiC Community