When I was 10 years old, Roman Polanski photographed me naked under an open fur coat on the rocks at deserted Will Rogers State beach in Malibu.
I believe my mother arranged the encounter.
After it happened, I didn't say anything to anyone. I wish that I had been brave enough to speak out
, tell a friend, their parent or even a teacher. Maybe if I had, the other girls wouldn't have been assaulted by Polanski (a convicted statutory rapist) also. That's a terrible heartache to carry.
The board of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences recently voted to revoke the membership of film producer, Harvey Weinstein, who has been accused of sexually harassing and assaulting countless women for nearly 30 years. I am asking you to sign this petition to demand the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences revoke Roman Polanski's board membership.
It is a small consequence for him considering his crimes and the great amount of harm he has caused me and his other victims.
- In 1977, Polanski pled guilty and was convicted of the statutory rape of a 13-year-old girl, Samantha Geimer. He served 42 days in jail, and as part of an apparent plea bargain, was to be put on probation. When he learned the judge had changed his mind and planned to reject the plea bargain and put him in jail for 50 years, he fled to Paris. As a French citizen, he has been protected from extradition and has lived in France since.
- In 2010, British actress Charlotte Lewis, who appeared in Polanski's 1986 film "Pirates," accused him of "forcing himself" on her in 1982 in Paris when she was 16.
- Robin M went public in Los Angeles County in August 2017 with her claim that Polanski sexually victimized her in 1973 when she was 16. She said she told a friend about the incident the next day, then did not speak to anyone else about it for more than 40 years. She initially feared that her father would "do something that might cause him to go to prison for the rest of his life". Robin M will not publicly discuss details of her case.
- In Oct. 2017, a German woman filed a complaint to Swiss authorities saying Polanski had raped her at his house in Gstaad when she was 15.
- Former actress Mallory Millett became the 11th woman to accuse Polanski, saying he tried to violently rape her twice, once in a New York hotel in February 1970 and another time afterward.
We've stayed silent until now. We feared. But, we can no longer be silent and allow this man who sexually assaulted little girls to enjoy fame, recognition or an honored place in history.