For the sake of our children and their future, we need to reduce harmful pollution, address environmental injustice and create jobs in areas critical to combating the climate crisis.
I am proud to sign this petition calling on our leaders to take key steps to protect children's health while also creating millions of jobs and fostering a stronger, cleaner, more equitable economy.
We have a once-in-a-generation opportunity to:
* Rebuild our aging infrastructure to withstand the effects of climate change.
* Modernize our power grid to handle more clean energy and extreme weather.
* Build a national network of 500,000 EV charging stations.
* Jumpstart the production of American-made electric cars, trucks and buses.
* Replace thousands of miles of dangerous lead pipes.
* Invest in communities disproportionately impacted by air pollution, climate change and the transition to clean energy.
Together we can build a future where children's health is a priority. Where the color of their skin or economic status doesn't mean they must live near toxic waste sites or breathe dirty air. Where their parents enjoy good-paying jobs in our clean energy workforce, where all communities have safe water to drink and clean air to breathe, and where our highways are populated by zero-emitting vehicles.
Building sustainable — climate-friendly — infrastructure is the first step to build a stronger, better and more prosperous America that protects our children's future. This is our moment to slash pollution, unleash innovation and create the good-paying jobs necessary to:
* Reach 100% clean electric power by 2035;
* Ensure that all new cars are zero emitting by 2035; and
* Guarantee that all new trucks and buses are zero emitting by 2040.
Our country wins when our leaders take bold action — and there's never been a better time to Go Bold!