A new ballot initiative, I-1929, in Washington State would give the super rich a tax cut. To give themselves this tax cut, some of WA's super rich want to take $500 million a year from Washington's Education Legacy Trust Account, which pays for:
- education, including safety and other repairs for Washington's aging schools
- creating more preschools and child cares so parents can get back to work
- helping students who can't take another set back, including thousands of students with disabilities.
What you should know about I-1929:
- rolls back a 7% state capital gains tax that only applies to huge (bigger than $250,000) stock profits made by super rich
- hurts hundreds of thousands of Washington's working parents who need childcare, and our students who need safe schools
Sign now! Pledge that if a signature gatherer asks, you will decline to sign I-1929. Together, we won't let a few super rich people rig the tax system for themselves, making the rest of us pay for it.