The Biden-Harris administration and the new Congress offer new hope for historic clean energy and climate progress. It's time to #PowerUpAmerica!
And they need to hear from you today. By signing this Power Up, America! Climate Petition and helping us reach 100,000 signatures, you can deliver a powerful message to the new Administration and Congress that they must take climate action now.
Power Up, America!
People's Climate Petition
After years of damage and division, it's time to power up for a more just and equitable America with less pollution, more jobs, and safer, healthier communities.
That's why I am signing this People's Climate Petition calling on the incoming Biden-Harris administration and Congress to rebuild our economy and create healthier communities by cleaning up our transportation and electric power sectors.
To slash pollution, unleash innovation and create millions of jobs, we need to set three ambitious national goals:
- 100% clean electric power by 2035
- All new cars are zero polluting by 2035
- All new trucks and buses are zero polluting by 2040
To achieve these goals, the Biden-Harris administration and Congress need to work together to push common sense policies, including:
- Incentives to advance wind and solar energy, energy efficiency programs, zero-emission trucks, and energy storage technologies.
- Funding for states and local agencies to expand electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
- Grants to help school districts purchase zero-emission, electric school buses.
- Funding for clean energy research and development to revive innovation here at home and reposition America as a global leader.
- Significantly investing in clean energy and clean transportation in communities where the need is greatest, including communities disproportionately harmed by power plant pollution and workers who will be impacted by our transition to a 100% clean economy.
Now is the time to come together and support a cleaner, safer, more prosperous future with bold action to slash pollution and unleash clean energy innovation.
It's time to Power Up, America!