In the wake of COVID-19, we are seeing job losses unlike any since the great depression. The United States has lost 20.6 million jobs due to COVID. That's nearly 15% of American workforce.
Workers need skills training to re-enter the job market, restore the economy, and get Americans back to work in good-paying jobs.
Skills training is a critical part of the solution to our current economic crisis. By becoming a Voice for Skills, you're telling legislators we need to:
Add your name to become a Voice for Skills today.
- Make it easier for people to access our nation's safety net and retrain for a career.
- Help small and mid-sized businesses avoid layoffs.
- Provide comprehensive income, healthcare, and re-training support to every displaced worker.
- Form local partnerships in every community to drive industry-specific re-training strategies.
- Update our education and training policies to respond to the pandemic.
- Create new, good-paying jobs and train people for them.
- Expand digital access and improve digital learning for all.
- Release public data so we know everyone is recovering fully and equally.