Reliable connectivity is more important today than ever before. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, many of us have transitioned to working from home and our children are learning remotely rather than in-person. Reliable connectivity is essential for people to connect to their friends, family, colleagues and government services. All of this is only possible in areas that have a robust and reliable communications network. Like Fort Collins, communities across the country are recognizing the importance of wireless infrastructure to connect kids to the classroom, power the local economy, and provide government and healthcare services. The digital economy is rapidly changing, and Fort Collins can be at the forefront of these advancements.
Ultra-fast wireless service and infrastructure can help facilitate essential connectivity and take it to the next level in a way that works for our community. Imagine students and faculty at all grade levels, including CSU, having the ability to "interact" with atoms from their virtual classroom using VR/AR technology or medical professionals at UCHealth Poudre Valley Hospital leveraging 3-D scans to better treat patients.
Mobile technology is reshaping the way we live and do business, and 5G is a fundamental platform for its continued innovation. This next generation of wireless infrastructure will facilitate an entirely new type of home broadband service and could give Fort Collins residents and businesses a new option for reliable high-speed internet access. This type of connectivity is expected to completely transform transportation and public safety. New augmented and virtual reality systems could help first responders, police officers, and firefighters protect our community, and more broadly, our way of life. All of this is possible in communities that have a robust and reliable communications network.
But to make 5G a reality, and make Fort Collins a "Smart City" city, our elected leaders need to know there's widespread public support. We are a city full of visionaries, creators, teachers and innovators, we face our challenges head on and work to find bold solutions. To build momentum to bring this cutting-edge technology to residents and businesses throughout the city, it's important your leaders see letters of support from community members like you.Greater coverage and capacity will help ensure our future is connected. Tell Fort Collins officials to help expand this wireless infrastructure rollout to open up new ways for our community to live, learn, work, and play.
Dear [Municipal Leader],
As a local community member, I'm writing to thank you for your support of the 5G network for Fort Collins and encourage you to continue prioritizing technological advancement for our city. The benefits to people who live and work in Fort Collins, to local businesses and to the entire population are immense:
• 5G will make education more accessible and interactive — Students will be able to transform their learning opportunities at all grade levels, including CSU, with digital learning applications, AR and VR experiences, and cloud technologies.
• 5G will supercharge local job growth — With the potential to attract new businesses, it's estimated 5G will create over 63,000 jobs in Colorado with an estimated $19.3 billion in economic growth to our state's economy.
• 5G will improve city services, transportation and public safety — First responders will be able to coordinate faster, sharing vital emergency information in real-time. Smart pavement and traffic lights will reduce congestion.
• 5G will lower health care costs while elevating care — Virtual healthcare will be raised to new levels, and remote care will be made even more effective and accessible to those who need it most.
• 5G research will spark further innovation — The development and testing of 5G-enabled solutions will help drive and expand the use cases for 5G from machine learning and IoT to robotics, AI, and more.
Please continue to do everything you can to encourage and support the 5G expansion in Fort Collins. Thank you for demonstrating your leadership and being part of transforming our region into a national 5G leader.